Sep 8, 2011

Storybook Cover Illustration - Concept to Completion

You may want to take a look at the making of one of my Children's Book Cover Illustrations.

where I had to take the job

... From this..

To this...


The following were the different stages of the creation.

1.

2.
3.
4.

These are the close-up of my final characters...

I must say that they turned out to be so friendly, colorful and good humored ;o)



This job was executed using software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, using the Wacom mouse as my only drawing aid. Wierd to think that I never use my lightpen to sketch at all. I have only used it to teach how to use the tool to my students but never use it myself for any work... In fact I am faster using my mouse. This habit of mine must be because I started drawing on the computer much before lightpens were invented and shipped to India in the early 90s. So I guess I am still old school that way.

I hope all of you enjoyed making a note of the details that went into this illustration as much as I did creating it.

Thanks to this job, I was inspired to make this water color painting. I remember that day, there was a power-cut at home when it was just dusk and dark but yet I never allowed my spirits to die. Perhaps it was these characters which made my day. I just lit the candle and painted away. So, here I am sitting enjoying a day at the beach with my imaginary friends. Oh how i wish they were real !

I will be pleased to answer any of your queries regarding this project or the like.

You have a pleasant day!

I invite you to read my detailed instructions regarding the above job on my article here:

No comments:

Post a Comment